For pholks that can’t make the big annual in Oregon, family consensed to have a family get together in the Great Lakes region, Huron National Forest, June 29th-July 9th, near Glennie MI. 44.560912, -83.725621 (then follow directions below)
If you can’t make it out west, or need a stopover on your way to or from the big annual, Turtles, MItten family and South Bend Kidz are hosting a regional gathering near Glennie, MI, bring your own water! It is a haul your own water gathering, and there is no guarantee that a water source will be developed. Drive carefully, and follow these directions carefully, roads in these areas are rough and not maintained. WE LOVE YOU and we want you HOME safe.
- To find the regional gathering, first get to Glennie, MI which is at 44.560912, -83.725621
- From Glennie, head North on M-65/S. State Rd for 3.8 miles to Co Rd 4124 marked for Horseshoe Lake Campground, turn left.
- Head West toward Horseshoe Lake Campground 1 mile to FS 4307/Skeel Rd, turn left.
- Continue West on Skeel Rd for a total of 1.2 miles. Do not turn right at the lake access. A short distance after that turn you will approach a non-gated fence for private property. Continue through and do not park on the private land. Do not take the two-track to the North, continue on Skeel Rd.
- When you get to the FS gate, the two-track continues to the South, turn left.
- Find a place to park along the road on one side only with tires off the two-track. There is a turn-around 1/2 mile down.
- Welcome Home!
Lovin you all, no matter where we gather, one love, one family!
Directions to Oregon Annual Rainbow Gathering, July 1-7 are here: welcomehome.org. Give the family lots of hugs in Oregon!